Summary of Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience with Agile software development for various software platforms.
- Proficiency in Unity2D/3D using C# and Adobe Animate/Flash using AS3.
- Experience with integrating external hardware devices like VR headsets, AR on mobile devices, MIDI Controllers, barcode scanners, thermal printers, Arduino shields.
- Expertise with large scale interactive displays – multitouch, front and rear projections, 4K displays.
- Work on making interesting experiences for content heavy (text, images, audio, video) data.
- Strong OO programming, problem solving and analytical skills with a focus on clean design and documentation. Extremely self-driven, capable of working by myself as well as in a team, with an attitude towards delivering products on time.
- Masters in Entertainment Technology from Carnegie Mellon University (’11) and Bachelors in Computer Engineering from Mumbai University (’08).
Richard Lewis Media Group -RLMG Dec 2012 – Present
- John Hancock Museum, Boston, MA – Touchscreen applications about John Hancock’s history.
- National Aquarium in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD – Networked interactive experience with 6 individual touchscreens, sending user responses, to a 20-foot projected program, that simulates water.
- Adirondacks Museum, Adirondacks, NY – Interactive Welcome map for the visitor’s center.
- Witte Museum, San Antonio, TX- Set of networked applications about the benefits of exercise. Had integration with external hardware devices like barcode scanner and thermal printer.
- National Postal Museum, Washington DC – Touchscreen application about the security and fraud detection unit of the United States Postal Service.
- Connecticut Science Center, Hartford, CT – Touchscreen application about electricity.
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, Halifax, Canada – Networked touchscreen applications relaying the history of Canadian immigration.
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA – Large interactive displays for the Curry Student’s Center.
- Youthlink Calgary, Calgary, Canada – Touchscreen applications for the Police Interpretive Center about crime scene evidence, patterns, hazards of drugs, online safety and war on drug lords.
- National Music Center, Calgary, Canada – Interpreting MIDI data and applying it to the visualization of multiple song matrices like volume, pan, bass/treble and echo.
- Infinity Science Center, Pearlington, MS – Networked Interactive hurricane simulator.
- Museum Of The Bible, Washington DC – Networked touchscreen applications on 4K displays, about history, origin and other information related to the bible. Museum opens Nov 2017.
- Unity Center at California Museum, Sacramento, CA – Networked, touch based, quiz style applications that provides scenarios about bullying and suggestions on how to deal with it.
- Deep Time Exhibit at The National Museum of Natural History, Washington DC – Currently working on an application, which uses 3d digital reconstructions of real dinosaur fossil scans.
- History Museum on the Square, Springfield, MO – Currently working on a 2d side-scrolling game based on Springfield’s rich transportation history and its relation to Rout66.
- Idaho State Museum, Boise, ID – Currently working on a touch based, 3d vertical-scrolling game about the Oregon Trail.
Usability Dynamics Inc. – UD Dec 2011 – Dec 2012
Mobile Developer – iPhone
- Light After Loss – Application that helps find resources while dealing with loss of a loved one.
- Prototype – SlugApp, an iOS app to facilitate ride share service for strangers.
Mobile and Immersive Learning for Literacy in Emerging Economies May 2010 – Dec 2010
Application Designer, Lead Project Coordinator – Internship
- Utilizing concepts of language learning, designed multiple games in J2ME, to teach English as a second language in emerging economies. Managed a team of 15 interns in two countries.
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology – Mumbai University June 2008 – May 2009
Lecturer and Lab/Research Assistant
- Lecturer in-charge for teaching the subject of Image Processing.
- Lab/Research Assistant Subjects: Image Processing, Microprocessors and Analysis of Algorithms.
Project Super Hero Kinect – Sponsor: Microsoft May 2011 – Aug 2011
Developer, Experience Designer
- Prototype – Super-hero style game on Microsoft’s Kinect platform, focused on easy usability using Natural User Interface. The player was transformed into a super hero in certain actions/poses.
Project A-Wall – Sponsor: Microsoft Jan 2011 – May 2011
Experience Designer, Artist
- Developed the ‘Microsoft Avatar Theme’ for the continuous, synchronous, video screens running all around every Microsoft Retail store. Microsoft’s Costa Mesa Store opening theme in March 2011.
- Prototype – Windows Phone turned controller, a point-and-shoot game for the video screens.
Project S.C.I.F.I. – Sponsor: Lockheed Martin July 2010 – Dec 2010
Developer (Mobile – Android)
- Prototype – Android application, tied to an Arduino microcontroller with radio transceivers, for search and rescue operations. Tested the app with a local search and rescue group.
Project The 5th Suite – Sponsor: WMS Jan 2011 – May 2011
Developer (AS3), Experience Designer
- Prototype – Explored the idea behind communal slot machine gaming, on a circular, touch-enabled, gaming surface, along with 4 slot game machines. The prototype was shipped to WMS head office in Chicago for potential commercial development.
Carnegie Mellon University – Masters in Entertainment Technology
Aug 2009 – May 2011
Bachelors in Computer Engineering
July 2004 – May 2008
Institute of Computer Animation & Design – Multimedia Specialist Diploma
July 2008 – June 2009
- Multimedia: Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, Sketch.
- IDE: Unity3D/2D, MonoDevelop, Visual Studio, XCode.
- Others: AtTask, Github, Beanstalk, SourceTree, Unfuddle.